Everyone needs a pick-me-up from time to time. A walk outside in the sunshine, a cup of tea or a few moments of clarity can do wonders to keep your energy levels boosted and full of positivity.
Sometimes though, the days can be too busy to factor in enough of these ‘preventative’ measures or you may be facing a particularly difficult challenge where you need to quickly reassess or reset your mindset before reacting.
This is where I draw on my ‘mummy mantras’. These are quick phrases that I’ve identified with on my own journey as a mother and I find myself repeating them to myself often, depending on what situation I need to address at that exact moment: a challenge with upset children, exhaustion or simply feeling overwhelmed.
Mummy Mantras To Get You Through The Day
- The days are long but the years are quick
- I am enough
- All I have is right now
- I will not take this for granted
- He/she’s acting like a child because they are a child
- Limit behaviour, allow feelings
- What’s the “why”. (No ‘bad’ behaviour is without reason or cause. Hunger, exhaustion, stress, anxiety, illness, coping with change. Find the REAL problem and address that rather than just trying to constantly stamp out the symptoms)
- I’m bigger, stronger, kinder, wiser. I’m the adult
These sayings can help you keep your cool, even when you might feel like completely losing it. A simple thought can be powerful enough to change your entire perspective on a situation and bring your focus back to what’s most important in life.
Change your thoughts, change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale